Monday, January 28, 2008

Movie Weekend

Had a really great weekend (other than some physical issues discussed elsewhere). We had a short day at work on Friday so I took the family for a little outing. We went out to eat, did some shopping, lots of quality family time and it was nice.

When I got home I learned that the show "High Five" is just about the most horrible show ever created. The kids love it but wow. That's a one episode, once a day show right there.

I picked up some new UA polo shirts (on sale) which pretty much gives me the entire line of colors. That's pretty depressing :) I don't remember when having a good variety of polo shirts became important but apparantly it did. For some reason I have like 3 (non work related) T-Shirts and a closet full of collared shirts. When did I get old?!!!

Another little cool thing I got was a bag of boxing stuff. I used mma gloves on the punching bag last week. The gloves are awesome but I lost all the skin off my 2nd knuckles and a week later they're still hamburger SO I figured why not buy the right equipment for the job? We got home and my older daughter, who will cry if she's not wearing a dress\won't get her hands dirty\loves make up and jewelry, put them on, growled, and punched my youngest daughter in the forehead. Me and the wife were sitting there in shock. The little one just had a "what the hell?" look. The older one giggled and ran off. Craziness.

Yesterday I watched Spiderman 3 and Beowulf. SM3 = somewhat gay. Too much going on. The actors were good. The individual portions were good. The pace was just forced. The whole "pimp Peter Parker" thing was way too...everything. It didn't have the "evil" impression so much as the "fag". Let's stick to the evil.

Beowulf was pretty cool. I've never been exposed to anything Beowulf before so I can't comment on how faithful it was to the book but the movie kept a pretty tight focus and stayed interesting from start to finish. The action was very believable for the most part and the graphics were superb other than a couple places.

No comments: