Saturday, January 5, 2008

HA...a different ha though

Worked out a pretty awesome scam yesterday\today. The wife wanted to take mommy-in-law to Ramstein (3hr trip that I always bitch about). She said she'd take the kids....sweet. Well that was the ORIGINAL plan she sprung on me 8hrs before she left. Then she decided to go down the slippery slope and said she would take one kid...leave one kid. "What the fuck?" I say. "When I was 'on vacation' I hung out with your mom and babysat all day. When you were 'home' you fucking took your mom, left me the kids, and went to X\X\X. Take the kids and give me some quiet time!!". She backs down....sweet.

I wake up when her alarm goes off...she doesn't. Two accidental elbows to the liver get her up. I drift off...BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...three inches from my god damned head...snooze. FUCK YOU SNOOZE!!!! So I'm up. She decides not to go and now I'm in panic mode. "What's wrong baby cakes?" "The kids are upset" "And?" "I don't want to go"....panic...panic....change diaper....give the range of food...kid is cool. "Ohhhh, I don't know" "Why don't you spend the night?" "We can't" "Sure you can! Here, I'll call them for you and make the reservation"....please leave me alone....please. And off they go.

All in all I scored TWO days alone because her mom is slower than molasses in January and there's no way they're going to make decent time tomorrow! WOOOOOOO! I love my wife and kids. I even like my mom-in-law, but daddy needs a break now and then too. In addition, my wife is learning the valuable lesson of what it's like to be with someone with all the interest in the world in doing shit but absolutely no interest in helping out or being a catalyst in the process in any way. Not that I want my wife to suffer...but a little reality check on the ass pain she put me through (not so much any more) and how much I DO help is good for everyone.

To top it off, she's on her period and her mom is starting to volunteer her thoughts. When they get back the wife ought to be ready for some lovin' again and the mom ought to be appropriately miserable. Sweet.

No comments: